Going to the beach this weekend? It’s not uncommon to forget a thing or two at home when you’re planning a day out at the beach, so, to help you out, we bring you a complete list of the beach essentials to carry in your bag so you can enjoy a stress-free summer day.
Beach essentials to carry in your bag: for sun protection
First step when getting ready for a trip to the beach, is to consider how to protect your skin against the scorching sun. You should always be ready to cover up and avoid skin diseases produced by too much sun exposition. Here are the beach essentials for sun protection you must make sure to carry with you:
- Sunscreen: the first and most important product to get in your bag is sunscreen. Choose a different high-coverage sunscreen for your skin, your face, and complete the set with a lip balm which also has SPF.
- Beach cover-up: a sheer cover-up in bright colors or a cute pattern will allow you to dress-up and protect your skin while you’re on the sand.
- Large floppy hat: the more you protect your face, the better, so make sure you include a statement floppy hat on your beach bag.
- Sunglasses: the finishing touch for your sun protection essentials: a chic pair of sunglasses are both a fashion statement and a way of shielding your eyes against the sun.
Beach essentials to carry in your bag: for hydration
The warmth of the beach causes a lot of dehydration, so you must be ready to face hours under the sun properly. Keep your body properly hydrated both inside and out with these beach essentials for hydration:
- Reusable water bottle: drink water regularly while you’re at the beach, and avoid alcohol and caffeine.
- Fruits and vegetables: leafy greens, watermelon, tomatoes, berries, etc. are great for keeping your body hydrated without affecting your weight.
- Lotion: before leaving the beach, wash off all the sunscreen from your skin and moisturize it with a lotion. Natural butters are great for sealing moisture and hydrating your skin.
Beach essentials to carry in your bag: for beauty and fashion
Even if you’ll be spending your day under the blistering sun, that doesn’t mean you should look anything but chic and glamorous. Here are some beach essentials for beauty and fashion you should incorporate to your bag:
- Flip-flops: you won’t want to walk around with bare feet on scalding sand, so make sure you take a pair of cute and comfortable flip-flops with you.
- Hair accessories: with all the warmth, you’ll probably want to keep your hair out of the way, so make sure to include your favorite hair accessories in your bag.
- Summer jewelry: although it’s not recommended to wear accessories when you’re at the beach, a cute woven bracelet or a simple necklace can give the finishing touch to your beach look. Just make sure you don’t smother your jewels with sunscreen, and that you take them off before stepping inside the water.
- A cute summer dress: after a day at the beach, you’ll probably want to get rid of your swimsuit and look your best, so a cute and fresh summer dress can help you look chic when you’re leaving the beach.
- A spare swimsuit: it’s better to prevent accidents, so keep a spare swimsuit in case something unforeseen happens.
- Moist toilettes: keep a bag so you can clean off the sweat and dirt from your skin.
Beach essentials to carry in your bag: for entertainment
Now that you’ve covered some of the most pressing health and fashion issues, you can start thinking about how you’ll be having fun. Here are some of the beach essentials for entertainment you should definitely pack for your day of pleasure:
- A good book, tablet or e-reader
- A pair of headphones or portable speakers
- A volleyball or a pair of beach racquets
- A camera
- Enough spare batteries
Beach essentials to carry: for comfort
Make sure you’re ready for everything when you go out by considering what you and your friends will be doing: will you be more at the sand than at the sea? Will you eat there? Also, take into consideration which kind of facilities you’ll be attending: is it a private beach? Do they have restaurants? Can you rent chairs and umbrellas?
Here are some of the beach essentials for comfort which won’t fit in your bag, but you might need:
- A foldable chair
- A towel
- A large sun shade umbrella
- Glasses, cutlery, napkins
- Portable beach cooler or grill
- First aid kit
You might also like:
- Fashion trends for Summer 2014
- Skin Care: how to help your skin transition from Spring to Summer
- 5 tips for treating sunburns