It’s almost here, folks!
Originally an exclusive event which celebrated Irish lineage, St. Patrick’s Day has turned into a worldwide festivity. This March 17th, many will go out fully clad in green: clothing, accessories, makeup…it’s all about the color of shamrocks!
Whether you look good in green, or simply want to join the fun with glamour, this year we’ve gathered a few fashion and beauty ideas for St. Patrick’s Day 2015 that will help you celebrate the day with style!
Fashion ideas for St. Patrick’s Day 2015
Although it’s a popular tradition to simply dress in green from head-to-toe to join the celebrations of the day, it’s also true that not everyone will look great wearing this color, and many will prefer something a little more subdued before looking like a leprechaun.
If you want to follow the trends of the year and add a touch of green to your outfit, these fashion ideas might help you out:
- Try similar shades: if you don’t look good in a bright green hue, then you can give the tradition a twist by simply trying one of the seasonal shades of green to your outfit. Incorporate the green of the official Fall/Winter 2014-2015 palette with an item in dark Cypress; or create an early spring outfit with trendy colors like treetop, woodbine, or a soft hue such as the Lucite green from the Pantone palette.
- Try fringes: it’s still a little cold outside, so a great way of adding green to your outfit in a subdued matter is through details such as fringes. A scarf, a coat or some comfy pants with a green fringe, can complement any outfit and still help you incorporate the magic of St. Patrick’s Day to your ensemble. If you still want to add something a little unique to your look, try a fringe with a metallic green accent. It’s a great way to stand out and still look glamorous!
- Wear green accessories: want to avoid looking like you’ve stepped out of an Irish children’s book? A great option is to include green to your outfit only though your accessories. Get a little creative! An item with large green gemstones, a green statement bag, or metallic jewelry with green accents, are perfect for incorporating the trends of the season while also adding a touch of the Holiday to your look.
- Wear amulets: want to stay as far from the color green as you can? If you’re not into following customs, yet still believe on good luck or simply want to be part of the celebration, a unique way to do so is to incorporate popular talismans to your ensemble. Although shamrocks or clovers are the more traditional amulets of St. Patrick’s Day, any good-luck trinket is a perfectly valid alternative. A Hamsa Hand bracelet or some stud earrings with the Turkish Evil Eye will help you incorporate the spirit of the holiday to your ensemble.
Beauty ideas for St. Patrick’s Day 2015
When we think about getting ready for St. Patrick’s Day, we usually focus almost entirely on our outfits. However, a great way of adding a touch of lucky green to our looks is through some makeup or nail art.
Here are some great trends that will work perfectly to celebrate this year’s St. Patrick’s Day:
- Try metallic green nail polish: metallic nail polish has been huge during the latest seasons, and metallic shades such as rose gold or confetti have been the favorites of this Fall/Winter. For St. Patrick’s Day, don’t be afraid to decorate your nails with a striking metallic green hue. Texture is encouraged, so if you want to create a unique and eye-catching look, make sure you add some green rhinestones to complement them, or consider a clover-shaped design. A nail-tattoo, or a green nail art liner will help you create the perfect one-of-a-kind pattern!
- Green makeup: green, blue, orange…these shades are not the favorites when it comes to lipstick or even eye-shadow, and they can be quite hard to pull off. Luckily, this season’s trends are all about the statement eyes and lips! If you’re not afraid to try something new and create a unique look, then you can definitely do it on St. Patrick’s Day! Green eye-shadow? Green lipstick? Yes! Try this shades and incorporate tradition to your look in an interesting and eye-catching way.
- Green hair: although it could be a bold move, we´re not suggesting you should dye your hair fully in green. However, fringed hair has been quite popular this season, so it’s the perfect time to try temporary green hair color! Try to dye a few locks, the ends of your hair, or go all the way with pixelated green hair, the top trend of the season!
You might also like:
- 5 unique St. Patrick’s Day traditions
- Color Green: psychology, symbolism and facts
- Fashion trends for Winter 2014