Most designers can craft wonderful clothing and accessories using a unique ability to predict the future trends that everyone will want to wear, while also peppering their creations with a touch of nostalgia.
In 2014, creators rediscovered the rebellious style of the 90s, flaunting it with crop tops and grunge-inspired looks. But in 2015 most collections look even further back, drawing inspiration from the bohemian flair of the 70s.
To help you discover the best way to incorporate this decade’s look into your everyday life, we’re taking a look at the best 70’s fashion trends making a comeback for Spring 2015!
Best 70’s fashion trends making a comeback for Spring 2015
When looking back at the 70’s most of us think about flowing dresses, floral crowns, long hair and the overall hippie look, and although some of these trends are coming back during this new season, designers have also discovered that this decade had a lot to offer.
Here are some of the trends that you can easily incorporate into your wardrobe by giving them the perfect modern spin. Here are the best 70’s fashion trends making a comeback for Spring 2015:
- Flirty dresses: the iconic over-the-knee high dress paired with a waist-hugging belt is making a comeback this season, but for a modern and sensual spin, make sure to choose a piece with a plunging neckline combined with textures such as studs or faux furs. If you prefer something a little more demure, the shift dress with lace or a simple texture is also incredibly popular this season, and it will complement every body type perfectly.
- High boots: the perfect companion for any 70s style, knee-high boots with platforms are coming back for Spring 2015 reaching higher than ever! Add some edge to your look with skinny boots in monochromatic hues that can almost reach your tights.
- Hippie accessories: perfect for the music festival season –and still incredibly popular for the months to come- floral crowns, tribal jewelry and talismans with cultural references are the perfect items to incorporate to your look. It will give you a bohemian style without the need of going hippie all the way!
- Gladiator sandals: perfect for a bohemian look, laced-up sandals were the favorites of the chic hippie women of the 70s. For 2015, these basics still look mostly the same, but paired with more modern outfits they will also look great and keep you comfortable this season.
- Colorful prints: whether they’re psychedelic water color patterns, floral prints or ethnic designs, it’s the perfect season to try unusual, eye-catching and colorful motifs. They’ll look great in anything! From flirty loose dresses to statement bags.
- Breezy blouses: the best way of facing the heat is to keep your body fresh with breathable materials. Get your inspiration from the semi-sheer breezy blouse in unusual colors and embroidery for a tribal look.
- Wide leg pants: a great way to achieve the 70’s look almost instantly is to add some colorful wide leg trousers to your ensemble. For a modern version of this trend, look for pants that have a high waist and are tighter at the very top, or elegant monochromatic culottes.
- Socks and sandals: although this might be a frowned upon look, the chill style of platform sandals combined with thin socks is definitely coming back for the warm season. For a modernized version of this trend, combine statement shoes with monochromatic socks in black or white. It will look surprisingly elegant!
You might also like:
- Fashion trends for Spring 2015
- Jewelry trends: animal amulets and their meaning
- Top 7 90’s fashion trends making a comeback for Spring 2014
Fashionising. The 9 pieces you need to rock the 70’s trend right now. http://www.fashionising.com/clothing/b--pieces-you-need-to-rock-the-retro-trend-84494.html
Grazia Daily. Groovy baby! Get ready for the full on 70s comeback. http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/2014/11/groovy-baby-get-ready-for-the-full-on-70s-comeback#.VTQiWSF_NBd
InStyle. Then and now: the 70’s trend. http://www.instyle.com/fashion/clothing/then-and-now-70s-trend
TrendStop. Trendstop fashion trend of the year 2015: modern seventies. http://blog.trendstop.com/fashion-trend-of-the-year-2015-modern-seventies-70s/